Just Kids has developed a partnership with the Mattituck/Cutchogue School District to operate 2 preschool classrooms at the Cutchogue East Elementary School. Community preschool children are integrated with children who have special needs within an 18:2:1 class ratio, and within a 12:1:2 ratio .
Related service such a speech, physical and occupational therapy along with counseling are provided in large state of the art classrooms. The Creative Curriculum is utilized at all our locations. It is research based and aligns nicely with the Common Core Standards. The curriculum framework is based on five fundamental principles that help guide our practice. The five principles are:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a foundation for learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive purposeful play supports essential learning.
- Well thought out physical environment affects the type and quality of all learning.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
To get more information on the Cutchogue School District you can visit their website.