Just Kids has had a long standing partnership with the William Floyd School District to operate a UPK program located on the grounds of William Floyd. The UPK students are integrated with children who have special needs within an 18:2:1 class ratio. Related service such a speech, physical and occupational therapy along with counseling are provided in large state of the art classrooms. The Creative Curriculum is utilized at all our locations. It is research based and aligns nicely with the Common Core Standards. The curriculum framework is based on five fundamental principles that help guide our practice. The five principles are:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a foundation for learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive purposeful play supports essential learning.
- Well thought out physical environment affects the type and quality of all learning.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
The William Floyd School District has collected data regard the efficacy of the UPK program that spans the last ten years of the program. The annual outcomes are used to inform instruction and staff development opportunities.